Battlestar Galactica Online - Game Release Cottle Update
22 November 2011
This major update introduces the new Nemesis Tournament system, teases the upcoming Carrier-class ships, and addresses several bugs.
- Nemesis Tournament Sectors will be specifically designated on the System Navigation Map.
- Upon entering a Tournament Sector, a message will appear informing the player that they are in a Tournament PvP zone as well as outlining the rules and structure for the Tournament.
- PvP experience gained is tracked as a separate score during the Tournament; Tournament Scoring only happens in the designated sectors.
- Tournament Scoreboards update every 15 minutes and that means that at the end of a Tournament session, there will be a delay before the final calculation is tallied.
- Prizes are awarded to the top 20 players on each server via the in-game mail system
- For the first ever Nemesis Tournament, scheduled for November 26-27, the Grand Prize will be one of the new carrier ships (when they are released)!
XP Booster EventEdit
- We have generalized the Halloween Booster Weekend to be reusable as a regular event!
- The Brimir Colonial carrier-class ship has been launched into dry-dock in Delta Canopis.
- The Surtur Cylon carrier-class ship is under construction in sector 47 Tartalon.
- The Pegasus model has been updated.
- Search and Rescue Operations will no longer fail to appear.
- Special offers containing Nuclear Warheads will now award the correct versions.
- Several instances of un-localized text have been replaced with correctly translated versions.